Thanks to Dr. Castaneda for re-labeling the photos in smugmug! I just went back to see if there was a different photo of my baskets. There isn't, but the BAS #s are there which is great! I'd like to use BAS 21 (front right) in the postcard. I think it's a pretty basket and the one in my group that is least like the other baskets.
Good choice. I'll take it out of the case when Michele is ready to photograph it.
ReplyDeleteHi Holly, It looks like we have a team, Brian, you, and me. I talked to Dr. Castaneda on Friday, just trying to get an idea of where to go to next so I can work on some hours for next week other than the Deed of Gift, and get going on the process. It looks like we are to be doing the production, harvesting, and prep of materials. Dr. C. also said the two of you discussed the widow's cap as an option. I think it's a great idea since it has a known maker and can be followed through the entire process (NAGPRA included). I know you have an interest in basketry and work at the Maidu Museum, which will be an asset to our exhibit. Should we begin researching for our part of the exhibit? For example, production, harvesting, prepping materials, information on the weaver,weavers known in the collection or other well-known weavers in CA, weaving techniques used in the widow's cap or techniques of other baskets in the collection we can refer too, etc. May need to wait until Dr. C. makes a decision on the item, but I would like to begin researching the weaver if that is all right. I havent' read through the basketry research links Dr. C has posted on her blog, and I know she has numerous books to use as resources, as I am sure you do also. Any suggestions would be most helpful. We can talk next week and maybe make an outline with duties and assigning them, and brainstorming on how we want to present our portion of the exhibit and tie it into the rest of the exhibit. We can also meet when it is best for everyone. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDelete