The Maidu Museum in Roseville had it's VIP Opening Reception last night and it was a big success. There were somewhere around 300 people there from museum staff and docents, City of Roseville officials and Native people all of whom contributed in some way to the new museum space. I've worked at the Maidu Museum (formerly known as the Maidu Interpretive Center) for about 2 years now (both as a volunteer and paid staff) and I have to say I was impressed with how things turned out. I wasn't convinced we'd be ready for the opening, but we pulled it off!
There will be a public opening Saturday, February 13. The link for the schedule is here. I think Dr. Castaneda will talk more about this in class, but I wanted to invite you all to check out the new facility!
Lab Hours 5/5
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment