I found this article about Joel Cotton Jr. He was really in to education so I think he would appreciate what we are trying to convey with his collection.
I think I'll do some looking around and see if I can locate a copy of the quote at the top of the page. I think that would be something nice to include in the exhibit.
great idea! (when you open the accession file over on SacCT, you'll see that we have a copy of the article--Mel found it when she was in ANTH 276, but we do NOT know who made those remarks and you're right, it would be great to include that in the exhibit (or even on a handout).
I think I'll do some looking around and see if I can locate a copy of the quote at the top of the page. I think that would be something nice to include in the exhibit.
ReplyDeletegreat idea! (when you open the accession file over on SacCT, you'll see that we have a copy of the article--Mel found it when she was in ANTH 276, but we do NOT know who made those remarks and you're right, it would be great to include that in the exhibit (or even on a handout).
ReplyDeleteI sent an email to the newspaper asking about the quote and original article. I'll post what I find out.
ReplyDelete